Need Money For School? Nassau Financial's Youth Services Can Help!
The deadline for students to submit applications has passed.
1. The applicant must complete and save the 2021 Scholarship Application
2. Obtain a Credit Union Verification Code
3. The applicant and his/her parent or guardian must complete the Certification and Release Authorization on the last page of the application
4. Save the following as three (3) separate files (PDF or Word Documents):
• Scholarship Application
• High School Transcript and SAT/PSAT/ACT Scores*
• Please fill out your name and email address for both the Nominee and Nominated By sections
• You may disregard the Reasons for Nomination section
6. Upon submitting the application, you will see the message "Nomination successfully saved."
*Please note, if a student has not been able to take either the SAT, PSAT, or ACT due to COVID-19 restrictions, they should still submit their application.
About our Scholarship program:
Each year the New York Credit Union Association (NYCUA) offers several scholarships. The winners are chosen from the applications sent in from credit unions across New York State based on academic performance, extracurricular and community activities, references, and personal goals.
In addition, Nassau Financial offers four $2,000.00 scholarships ($500 x 4 years) to the top four students representing Nassau Financial. These students are chosen for us by NYCUA on the same basis as their awards. Winners are required to accept their scholarship check in person, at a scholarship reception held at Nassau Financial in June.
Nassau Financial members who are high school seniors, college-bound for the first time, may apply for all of these scholarships by filling out just one application. These students will compete with other students across New York State for the NYCUA awards, as well as for one of the four Nassau Financial scholarships offered to our members in good standing.*
IF THE STUDENT IS NOT A MEMBER OF NASSAU FINANCIAL, PLEASE ALSO REQUEST A MEMBERSHIP KIT (MUST BE PRIMARY OWNER OF THEIR OWN ACCOUNT, CUSTODIAL ACCOUNTS DO NOT MEET CRITERIA.)
Questions about our scholarship program can be mailed to Nassau Financial Federal Credit Union, Attn: Scholarship Program, 865 Merrick Avenue, Suite 250N, Westbury, NY 11590. If you have any questions, please call our main office at 516.742.4900.
* Please note that each applicant must be the owner of their own Nassau Financial account at the time of application. A Custodial account with a parent or guardian as co-owner does not meet the criteria. Please also request an application for Nassau Financial membership, if necessary.