First Mortgage or Refinance
At Nassau Financial, we understand the thrill and importance of finding, buying and owning a home. It's the "American Dream," a place where families are raised and memories are made, in addition to being a sound investment for the future. With a Mortgage from Nassau Financial, your dreams are within reach. And we'll assist you every step of the way, whether it's your first Mortgage, a new purchase, or you are refinancing your current Mortgage.
View our current rates and then contact us to get started! Use our online appointment scheduler if you'd like to sit down with a Personal Service Representative at our East Meadow or Oceanside branches and have all your questions answered. This service is available by appointment only, so be sure to use the button below to schedule an appointment.
Why a Nassau Financial Mortgage?
- Flexible, competitive rates and terms.
- Choose from a variety of fixed-rate or adjustable-rate loans.
- You choose whether or not to pay points.
- Lock in rate for 60 days without paying a fee.
- Take advantage of our personalized application process. Apply in person or discuss options with a Senior Personal Service Representative at our Westbury Service Center or one of our branch locations.
- Need to do home improvements right away? Consider requesting a Home Equity Loan at the same time you request the First Mortgage.
- Consult your tax advisor regarding tax deductions.
The Homebuyer Dream Program for First Time Home Buyers
The Federal Home Loan Bank retired their First Home Club program, and then introduced their new Homebuyer Dream Program in July 2019. The Homebuyer Dream Program provided grants of $14,500 to eligible first time home buyers. Grant funding is limited, however, and all funds have been fully exhausted for 2019. Check back with us periodically, and read our monthly newsletter, to see when the Federal Home Loan Bank opens up the Homebuyer Dream Progam again for the next round.
It is the policy of Nassau Financial Federal Credit Union to comply with the requirements of the Secure & Fair Enforcement of Mortgage Licensing (SAFE) Act and the statute's implementing regulations. The SAFE Act requires any credit union employee who acts as a residential "mortgage loan originator" to register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NLMS) or Registry, to use the Registry's unique identifier as required, and maintain this registration. The following are the current registered MLOs at Nassau Financial and their unique identifier #:
|Mortgage Loan Originator||NMLS ID #|
Information on each MLO can be found at http://www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org.
A registered mortgage loan originator (MLO) must provide their unique identifier:
- Upon request
- before acting as an MLO and
- through the originator's initial written communication with a member, whether on paper or electronically
In addition, all Nassau Financial employees are able to provide the unique identifier of a registered MLO to consumers who request it from employees other than an MLO.
Get started on the path to homeownership with Nassau Financial today!